A partogram (sometimes partograph) is a tool that will be used when you deliver your baby. It is used by your midwife or obestrician to follow the delivery through a multifaceted diagram, which measures several things at the same time.
- When you were admitted to the maternity ward.
- How your cervix is opening.
- How your baby is progressing in the birthing canal.
- How the baby’s heart beats develop during birth.
- Other important medical parameters, such as pain-relief given to you or synthetic oxytocin.
The partogram is a visual way to swiftly get an overview of your delivery situation, and if there are any aspects of it that need special attention.